When booking a hotel online you are entitled to the best so we have created your hotel booking bill of rights. Rights that ensure you're treated like a person, not a commodity. Rights you get — but only when you book directly with Marriott.
You have the right to:
- get the best rate available when you book with our Look No Further® Best Rate Guarantee
- pay when you check out, and not a moment before
- set your room preferences and make your stay more comfortable
- change your reservation without paying extra fees
- earn Marriott Rewards® points when you stay
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Restrictions and exclusions apply. Marriott's Look No Further® Best Rate Guarantee subject to additional terms and conditions and applies to the following brands: Marriott ® Hotels and Resorts, JW Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard®, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Fairfield Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Residence Inn®, TownePlace Suites®, Marriott® Conference Centers, Marriott Vacation Club® International, or Autograph Collection®. Rate guarantee does not apply to rates that are not available to the general public, travel packages, pre-paid rates involving a voucher, specially negotiated volume discount rates, or rates available on Web sites that do not disclose the hotel brand until after the reservation is complete; advance payment may be required for special event dates or discounted price points determined by individual properties. Gaylord Hotels require advance payment. Room preferences are subject to availability. Cancellation charges may apply if cancellation is made after a certain time. The terms and conditions of the Marriott Rewards® program apply to points earning.
PAY WHEN YOU STAY
Advance payment may be required for special event dates or discounted price points determined by individual properties. Gaylord Hotels may require advance payment, including packages and special pricing. Consult rate rules for each hotel and each reservation for specific restrictions and rules.
BEST RATE GUARANTEE
- One reservation must be made through any Marriott reservation channel (meaning our worldwide reservations centers , a Marriott hotel or an official Marriott web site) for one of the following brands: Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard, AC Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, Marriott Conference Centers, Marriott Vacation Club International, or Autograph Collection.
- The guarantee does not apply to the following rate types:
- Rates that are not publicly available, such as negotiated corporate or group rates.
- Discount rates offered only to members of groups or individuals who meet previously-specified criteria, including AAA members, seniors, government employees, or Marriott Rewards members.
- Package rates that include the room and other components such as travel, car rental, entertainment, and/or non-breakfast meals.
- Package or group add-on rates that extend the length of a stay.
- Rates negotiated for stays extending beyond 30 nights.
- Rates that are available on auction Web sites.
- Rates available on Web sites, such as Priceline and Hotwire, that do not disclose the hotel brand until the reservation is completed.
- Pre-paid rates that involve a voucher or other form of pre-paid certificate (including electronic vouchers and certificates) for a hotel stay outside the United States and Canada.
- The Marriott rate and the 'Comparison Rate' must be found, and a completed claim form submitted, within 24 hours and must be for the same hotel, room type and reservation dates. The same cancellation and advance purchase policies, and other terms and conditions governing the rates must apply.
- Marriott will verify the Comparison Rate within 24 hours of receiving your claim and notify you of the results. Because the claim must be processed before check-in, you must submit your claim at least 24 hours prior to check-in.
- When multiple rates for the same hotel, reservation dates, and room type are available through a Marriott channel you must reserve the lowest rate to be eligible for the guarantee.
- The Comparison Rate must be reservable by the general public and be verifiable by Marriott. If the Comparison Rate is offered through a Marriott channel, you must reserve that rate to qualify for the guarantee. Marriott will not charge a cancellation fee. If the Comparison Rate is reserved through a non-Marriott channel, Marriott is not responsible for any fees or other costs incurred due to cancellation of a reservation.
- Rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities, or any other fees associated with the room rate, and the Comparison Rate must still be available at the time Marriott validates the claim. Rate disparities solely attributable to fluctuations and/or differences in currency exchange rates are excluded from the guarantee.
- Comparison Rates applicable to only a portion of your entire scheduled stay will not be honored.
- Void where prohibited by law. Marriott reserves the right to modify or cancel the guarantee at any time without prior notice.
Cancellation rules may vary depending on room and rate type booked. Customers should consult rate rules for each reservation for specific restrictions. Cancellation charges may apply to certain rates and rooms (for example, advance purchase rates).
ROOM/BED TYPE PREFERENCES
At locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, we will make best efforts to honor your room/bed type preferences based on availability at the time of stay. Outside the U.S. and Canada, smoking/nonsmoking preferences are honored based on availability; exact bed sizes may vary.
EARN MARRIOTT REWARDS POINTS
- A Member is eligible to receive Points/Miles for staying at participating Marriott brand hotels or Ritz-Carlton® hotels for his/her room and up to two additional rooms. At least one of the rooms must be reserved and registered in the Member's name and the Member must pay for all rooms, which payment arrangement must be requested at time of hotel check-in. The Member must also stay in one of the rooms. To ensure Points are automatically posted to the correct Membership Account, the Member's Rewards Program Membership Number must be present on his/her room folio and up to two additional rooms, as applicable.
- Charges that do not qualify for Points include taxes applied to the room rate, purchase of Marriott gift certificates or gift cards, purchase of The Ritz-Carlton gift certificates or gift cards, charges for third party-provided goods and services at participating Marriott brand hotels or Ritz-Carlton hotels, and catering or banquet functions charged to the guest room account.
- Points will not be given, nor Rewards honored, at any subsidiary or affiliate of Company other than participating Marriott brand hotels or Ritz-Carlton hotels, unless otherwise advertised. If a hotel ceases to be a participating hotel, all stays subsequent to such date will not be eligible to earn Points regardless of when the reservation was made.
- Points and elite night credit may be earned for stays completed within 30 days prior to the Member's enrollment, if such credit is requested in writing, along with a copy of the paid hotel receipt, within 60 days of the stay.
- Points earned while staying at any participating Marriott brand hotel or Ritz-Carlton hotel located outside the United States will be credited based on the U.S. dollar conversion rate for the local currency at time of checkout for all qualifying charges made during the stay.
- No other person except the Member may earn Points for his/her Membership Account. Points for a room shared by two Rewards Program Members will only be awarded to one Rewards Program Member.
- Point or elite night credit accrual is limited to individual travel and the room must be paid for individually by the Member or direct billed to the party responsible for paying the bill. If the room is master-billed, the charges are not eligible for Points or elite night credits. If the Member attends a convention or group meeting and individually pays the hotel directly for the room, he/she will be eligible to receive Points and elite night credits for the stay. However, contract rooms, rooms reserved by corporations on an ongoing basis, master-billed rooms are not eligible to earn points or elite night credit. Military rates at certain overseas locations are subject to local restrictions and may be ineligible for points or elite night credit.
- Rooms booked at the Marriott friends and family or the associate rate or at The Ritz-Carlton friends and family or the associate rate are not eligible to earn Points or elite night credits.
- Rooms booked through third party online retailers, such as Expedia.com, Orbitz.com, Travelocity.com, and Hotels.com, as well as operators of opaque booking channels such as Priceline and Hotwire are not eligible for Points or Elite night credit. In cases where such third party online retailers offer for sale 'retail' rates that require the guest to pay the hotel directly for the stay, provided the online retailer has remitted your Marriott Rewards information to the hotel, such stays are eligible for Points or Elite night credit. Wholesale packages and series tours are not eligible for Points or Elite night credit regardless of booking source.
- See full Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions